POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Seems that the tesselation patch died before even being born : Re: Seems that the tesselation patch died before even being born Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seems that the tesselation patch died before even being born
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 16 Jan 2001 12:22:31
Message: <3A648358.7C22C85F@gmx.de>
Warp wrote:

>   I can't find the bug. No-one else can either (I have consulted with Ron,
> Nathan and Chris H).
>   There's a persistent bug (I wrote about it some time ago) and I just can't
> find what's wrong with the code. I don't think that it's typing mistake
> or anything, but I have the feeling that some povray functions might work
> a bit differently than I expect and that's what's causing the problem.
> Finding the problem would require more knowledge about povray and/or a lot
> of testing.
>   The patch would be more or less ready if there wasn't that bug.
>
>   So I'm sorry. I can't make it.

Oh, please don't give up.

Anyway, do you mind giving some more detailed description about the
problem.  Not that i think i can find a bug that you, Ron, Nathan and
Chris Huff have not found during long search, but i would be interested
where the problem lies.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>